Domestic Violence Attorney Proudly Serving Santa Rosa
Are you in danger now? If you need immediate help please call 911.
You can reach out to your local Domestic Violence Shelter by clicking or calling:
- California Department of Public Health
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233/ TDD: 1-800-787-3224
What is Domestic Violence?
The California legal definition of domestic violence is when your current or former spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, someone you have a child in common with, someone you live(d) with, or someone you are related to by blood or marriage, does one of the following (Fam. Code §§ 6211,6203&6320(a))
- Causes or attempts to cause you physical injury;
- Sexually assaults you;
- Makes you fear that you or another person is in danger of immediate, serious physical injury;
- Molests, attacks, strikes, batters (uses force), or stalks you;
- Threatens or harasses you, either in person or through phone calls, emails, etc.;
- Destroys your personal property; and/or
- Disrupts your peace.
Temporary Restraining Order aka TRO
A temporary restraining order is filed as an ex parte motion. It is of limited duration until the judge can hold a hearing on the issue. To be granted a TRO you must be able to convince the judge that he or she will suffer immediate irreparable harm unless the order is issued. TRO’s are issued outside of a hearing, inside judge’s chambers. If the temporary order is granted, a hearing will be set, at which time the TRO will be extended or dropped.
Contact a Family Law Domestic Violence Lawyer Today!
If you have fallen victim to any form of domestic violence, don’t delay. You need an experienced attorney to help defend your case. A Santa Rosa Domestic Violence Lawyer can defend your rights and can offer the help needed. Call the Law Office of Paul Lozada at (707) 636-3272 for a no fee consultation.